PARTING WAYS WITH WHITE TARA

This piece has been with me for many years, I rarely showed her before with the excuse that she wasn't ready. Actually, I didn't want her to be ready which is very different. White Tara, goddess of compassion is now part of the Zegarra household. They made a special frame for her and even though there was some rebellion from us parting ways;  I was very dramatic when I was bringing her down, which didn't really surprise anyone hmmm... and she fell off the wall the first day they hung her,  breaking everything in sight! Still, I know she will be in good hands reminding her new environment of the need for some compassion in a troubled world. 

Some pieces are harder to part with than others, it seems like a part of you leaves with that painting but I've realized that art also has a destiny and a journey to complete.  
White Tara's journey continues in a beautiful home in Sacramento California, displayed with all the pride and appreciation an artist can only wish for.  
She's in good hands.

Photo courtesy of the Zegarra Family. 
  

Comments

  1. White Tara has found a home that was ready for her years ago, although she wasn;t ready to let go of her creator. Carlos built her a great frame.. and after the accident, rebuilt it and she will be the centerpiece of our new home. Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts